- cook the chicken first, clean through the chicken.. with the head on also
- a big pot and clean filtered water (the pot must be big enough so the chicken can be submerge under the water totally).
- Put [1 knob of old ginger (washed with skin and smashed with big knife), put salt (personal reference if u like salty put more or otherwise), 6 cloves of garlic (wash with skin), some white peppercorn] inside the pot in the water. then bring to boil.
- Once water boiling... then use your hand hold the chicken neck and put the chicken inside the boiling water for around 1 min like that.. go around and and turn the chicken and make sure both side of chicken is inside the boiling water... then lift it up.. wait the water boil again.. and repeat this step. Repeat this step for 6 times.
- Off the fire and submerge the whole chicken inside the water and cover the pot. Let it stay inside got hot bath for 50min.
- After 50 min hot bath, open the pot cover, take out the chicken and put inside a bowl of ice water to Cold bath the chicken and cool down the chicken for abt 10 min.
8. while wait for the rice to be cook. we can made the chili sauce. Wash & Cut the 2 red chili, chili padies, 2-3 shallot (skinless), some old ginger (skinless), 2 table spoon of bean paste, 1 table spoon of sugar, lemon juice/vineger. Put all ingredient into blender and blended it to fine. take out and dilute it with the oil on top if the chicken stock.
9. Chop the chicken and place the chicken on top of a plate with cut cucumbers.
10. Made the marinate sauce for the chicken. 0.5 spoon of white sugar + 4 table spoon of soy sauce + 2 table spoon of sesame oil + 1 table spoon of thai fish sauce. pour the sauce all over the chicken. Then put chinese pasley on top.
10. Ready and Enjoy It!!! To serve. we also can take a small bowl of chicken stock to become soup.
Remaining chicken stock I freeze it in the fridge and used to cook porridge for marcus for the next few days. :)